I’ve been in New York City for the long weekend, so I haven’t been able to keep things fresh here over at The Sports Beat. Well, I’m back now, so let’s quickly get some words out there on the interweb machine.
- Brent Barry was fouled. He also travelled after the fact. So, NBA refs (hey, Joey Crawford, you wanna fight?), you’re job is not to morally decide who deserves a call, it’s to enforce the rules. Please start doing that. That also involves noticing if balls touch the rim or not.
- Memo to Terry Francona: Mike Timlin is a shell of his former self. With the bullpen questionable, Justin Masterson will play a pivotal role down the stretch and (hopefully) in the playoffs.
- The Rays are still doing it big.
- Hopefully Daisuke Matsuzaka isn’t hurt too badly, but if he’s out for a couple weeks the Sox are in fine position to cope with Bartolo Colon on the scene and Clay Buchholz and Justin Masterson biding their time in the minors.
- Ray Allen is killing the Celtics. His defense is porous and his offense has been abysmal. More to come on this later.